How can I contact you?
You may contact our Customer Service Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-800-553-7704. Phone hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Eastern Time, and from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Fridays.
Where is your manufacturing facility and home office located?
Our plant and home office are both located in Cleveland, Tennessee. We have been in the same location now for 75 years, right here in the United States.
How do your products compare to your competitors'?
There are several exclusives on FiveStar that are not available on any other products:
- Ultra High-Low Sealed Burners with 21,000 BTUs – one of the highest output sealed burners available. FiveStar Sealed Burners also go down to the equivalent of 350 BTUs for delicate simmering.
- Our exclusive Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle/Grill feature. FiveStar offers the only cooktop surface with this unique reversible design.
- 48" 60" Ranges with True Dual-Fuel Ovens. Only FiveStar offers ranges with one gas oven and one electric oven on the same range for true versatility.
What is the difference between FiveStar's Sealed and Open burners?
The FiveStar VariFlame Open Burners are consistent with commercial-style burners for a truly professional-style range. With its "burner within a burner" design each burner uses only 400 BTUs with a constant flame on the front burner simmer setting. Each burner reaches a maximum of 14,000 BTUs on high.
The FiveStar Ultra High-Low Sealed burners offer the convenience of keeping spillovers contained on the cooktop so there are fewer parts and pieces to clean as well as the versatility of a wide range of heat control – 350 to 21,000 BTUs – on every burner.
What size range hood will I need?
The size of your range hood depends on the size of your range or cooktop. Your hood should be equal to or larger in width than your cooking surface. We offer four different size range hoods: 30", 36", 48", and 60". All models are available in stainless steel.
What ventilation system will I need to go with my range or cooktop?
Your particular ventilation system components vary depending on several factors. For a guide, visit the Duct Kits section of the site.
Do you offer island or canopy hoods? Downdraft systems? What about hood inserts for custom-made hoods?
FiveStar carries only wall-mount range hoods at this time. However, several FiveStar customers have used Best brand island hoods, canopy hoods, downdrafts, and hood inserts with their ranges and cooktops. To view a full product listing, visit Best's website at www.bestrangehoods.com.
Is that a storage drawer below the FiveStar gas oven?
That is actually not a storage drawer but a lower gas broiler. This broiler employs 18,000 BTUs and is only available with gas ovens. The electric oven includes a top broiler within the oven cavity.
How tall is the standard backguard that comes with each range and cooktop? Can I order a different size?
The backguard standardly equipped on each freestanding range is 11" tall and 1" thick. We offer a low-profile 4" backguard as an accessory. If you are installing your range into an island, you may choose the range island trim kit option, which includes a low-profile 4" backguard (finished on both the front and the back for a sleek, polished look from all angles) with side trim pieces included.
Each cooktop comes standardly equipped with a 4" backguard, but you may purchase an island rear trim piece that fits flush with the countertop. Side trim is also available to complete the integrated look.
Is there a cover that I can get for my Griddle/Grill?
A stainless steel Griddle/Grill cover comes with FiveStar Ranges at no extra charge. This cover protects the Griddle/Grill and provides more working surface when it is not in use.
I can't find a dealer in my area on your Dealer Locator. How can I buy your products?
If you enter your zip code in our Dealer Locator and find there are no dealers in your area, you may be eligible for our FiveStar Direct Program. Through FiveStar Direct, you may order FiveStar products via our website and have them shipped directly to you. To see whether or not you are eligible, select any FiveStar product model and click "Get Price." Enter your zip code when prompted, and your price will be shown for you. If the price you see is the FiveStar Direct price, you may order your FiveStar product directly from us.
What are the benefits of ordering FiveStar Direct?
If you are in an area that is eligible for our FiveStar Direct Program, you can take advantage of FiveStar Direct Pricing, and you will also be assured of the following:
- Your FiveStar product will be a built-to-order current model that is factory-set for your fuel type (natural gas or LP) and for your specific elevation requirements, eliminating the need for a field conversion.
- Your FiveStar product will be shipped directly from the factory to your specified location in a custom built shipping crate (exclusively offered on FiveStar Direct orders).
- FiveStar Direct pricing includes all standard shipping charges and all applicable taxes.
- In the unlikely event that service is needed, our factory-based Parts Service Department can provide any necessary support to our authorized FiveStar service professionals throughout the country.
What is my expected lead time when I order from FiveStar Direct? How long does it take to manufacture a range or cooktop?
Once your FiveStar Direct order is received, your FiveStar will be scheduled for production in accordance with your specific requirements and specifications (fuel type, altitude). Production usually takes about 10-14 days. Your product is then shipped directly from our factory to your desired shipping location in a custom-built wooden crate. Depending on your location, shipping should only take 2-4 days (possibly longer if you live in a rural or remote area). You will receive an email when your product ships and a telephone call from the driver to schedule delivery.
Are your products available in Canada?
Yes, our Eastern Canadian distributor is Keyesbury Distributing and our Western Canadian distributor is Coast Wholesale Appliance. You may contact Keyesbury by calling 613-257-8100 or Coast at 604-321-6644.
What are the actual dimensions of each of your ranges?
- 24" Range: 24" wide by 24" deep by 36" high (legs are adjustable by 2”, from 35 7/8” up to 37 7/8”)
- 30" Range: 30" wide by 24" deep by 36" high (legs are adjustable by 2”, from 35 7/8” up to 37 7/8”)
- 36" Range: 36" wide by 24" deep by 36" high (legs are adjustable by 2”, from 35 7/8” up to 37 7/8”)
- 48" Range: 48" wide by 24" deep by 36" high (legs are adjustable by 2”, from 35 7/8” up to 37 7/8”)
- 60" Range: 60" wide by 24" deep by 36" high (legs are adjustable by 2”, from 35 7/8” up to 37 7/8”)
How about cutout widths for each size range?
Cutouts are as follows:
- 24" Range: 24 3/16"
- 30" Range: 30 3/16"
- 36" Range: 36 3/16"
- 48" Range: 48 3/16"
- 60" Range: 60 3/16"
What are FiveStar's clearance specifications?
FiveStar open burner ranges have zero rear clearance, while sealed burner ranges have 1" clearance recommendation behind the backguard. A stainless steel or tile backsplash that runs below the backguard (or an island installation in which the backguard is exposed) is approved as well. Each side of the range or cooktop requires a 6" minimum side clearance as well.
What are the electrical requirements?
The All Gas Ranges and Cooktops require 120 v, 60 Hz, and 15 Amp.
The Dual Fuel models require 240/120 v, 60 Hz, and 35 Amp.
What type of bulbs do I need for my new FiveStar hood?
We do not ship bulbs with our range hoods because of the risk of damage in transit, so it is recommended that you purchase your bulbs from any local light bulb retailer. There are three surface hood illumination lamp sockets in your hood that require 50 watt PAR 20 halogen bulbs or 50 watt R20 track flood bulbs. There are also two warming lamps that take 250 watt and R40 infrared bulbs.
If I ever need my range or cooktop serviced, how do I find an authorized service professional in my area?
Our factory based Parts and Service Department is available to contact and assist local servicers in the unlikely event that service is needed. To speak with a Parts Service Representative, simply call 800-251-7224 Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Eastern Time, and from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Fridays. Be sure to have your range’s model, serial, and type numbers ready when you call.
Where can I find my range's model and serial numbers?
If you have a sealed burner model with a griddle/grill, these identification numbers may be found beneath the griddle/grill assembly on a silver rating plate. If you have an open burner model, check in the burner box beneath the burner pans in the front right of the cooktop. If you still have trouble finding your rating plate, our Service Department can help you locate it. You may reach them by calling 800-251-7224.
I am moving and need to convert my range or cooktop from Natural Gas to Propane, or vice versa. Can I do this?
Yes. A conversion kit must first be purchased from our Parts Service Department. Call 800-251-7224 for more details. Be sure to have your model and serial numbers ready.
I own a FiveStar and cannot figure out how to turn on the self-clean cycle on my electric oven. Can you help?
The self clean setting can be set by turning the oven knob counter-clockwise all the way around until it stops (on the "Clean" setting). Next, push up on the rocker switch that says "Lock." Once the switch is in lock position, you should hear a faint buzzing sound coming from the oven. This indicates that your oven dial is correctly set, and you may lock the door. If you do not hear the buzzing, try applying pressure gently against the oven door to ensure that it is closed all the way. If that does not create the buzzing sound, try resetting your oven dial. Then, while holding the rocker switch in lock position you may slide the latch over to the left to lock the oven door.
When your self-clean cycle has finished and the oven has cooled, you may unlock the door. First, ensure that the oven knob is still set to "Clean." Then you may push up on the rocker switch to slide the locking lever into unlock position. Turn the oven dial to "off" and you're ready to bake, broil, or roast once again.
I got the self-clean cycle to work just fine, but now I cannot unlock my oven. Help!
When your self-clean cycle has finished and the oven has cooled, you may unlock the door. First, ensure that the oven knob is still set to "Clean." If it is not, re-set it to “Clean” by turning it all the way around. Then you may push up on the rocker switch to slide the locking lever into unlock position. Turn the oven dial to "off" and you're ready to bake, broil, or roast once again.
How do I clean my Cast Iron Griddle/Grill?
The Griddle/Grill is pre-seasoned cast iron and may not be put in the dishwasher. In fact, soap is not necessary at all. Running the plate under some hot water and wiping it with a cloth or soft brush should do the trick. After it is clean, coat the surface with a light layer of vegetable oil, and you're ready to use it again.
How do I clean my open burners?
Here's a helpful step-by-step guide for cleaning the open burners:
- After removing the grates and the burner pans, remove the center shipping screw for each burner. These hex-head screws can be found on the burner support box between each set of front and rear burners.
- After the shipping screw has been removed, the burner can be lifted out, allowing complete access to the porcelain drip pan located below the burner.
- The burners may be cleaned by soaking in hot, soapy water. Most stains will then wipe off; if not, scrub with a strong, but non-abrasive cleaning pad. Rinse burner thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, the porcelain drip pan can be cleaned in soapy water or placed in the dishwasher.
- The subtop area has a porcelain finish to simplify cleaning. Using a mild detergent or cleaning product, wipe the area clean.
- After cleaning, place the porcelain drip pan back in place. There are three indentations in the drip pan and the burner box to assist in proper alignment.
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE BURNER BE DRAINED AND COMPLETELY DRIED BEFORE REPLACING IT IN THE RANGE. The burner is easily replaced by placing the end of the gas line tube over the knob valve, then inserting the two tabs of the burner support into the slots on the burner support bracket. There is no need to replace the hex-head screw you removed earlier. It was only there for shipping purposes.
- Replace the burner pan and the grates.
I own a FiveStar and I love it! How can I let others know?
We have a testimonial section right here on our website where celebrity chef Rick Bayless and other real FiveStar owners have submitted "Five Things They Love About FiveStar." You may view all of them and even enter your own "Five Things" by clicking here! If we use your comments, we will gladly send you a complimentary Salsa Sampler Kit courtesy of Rick Bayless and Frontera Kitchens. Go right now, while you're thinking about it!
Does FiveStar have a Facebook page?
We do! Click here to like FiveStar on Facebook. Be sure to add your comments and favorite recipes to our page. We love hearing from home chefs like you!